Although the weather was ugly, the action was beautiful at Evergreen Raceway Sunday for June's Drift Evergreen event.
Almost 20 cars came out to drift despite the "drift lube" falling from the sky.
The next Drift Evergreen event is scheduled for July 15th. prices are $50 To Drive $15 To Ride Along $10 To Spectate.
For those interested in driving, here is the necessary info:
1. All drivers must attend Drivers meeting.
2. All drivers should have a valid driver’s license. If you do not, you must sign a waiver.
3. Underage drivers 12 & up are allowed with parent or guardian present and must sign waiver.
4. Closed toe shoes and pants required to drive on track.
5. All Drivers must wear a helmet. Helmet must be in good condition. (Helmet must be at least DOT or Snell approved.) (M-Rated helmets are also acceptable.)
6. Use common sense.
1. All cars must have a working seatbelt. If 4, 5, or 6 point harness is used it must be installed properly. If you want to take a passenger for a ride along, then same rules apply to passenger side.
2. No leaking fluids.
3. Coolant overflow is required. Yes, a bottle is ok.
4. All wheels must be torqued and all lugs & studs must be present on both wheels and spacers.
5. Batteries must be tied down. No ratchet straps, bungees, or zip ties.
6. Suspension components & bushings must be intact.
7. Remove all loose items from car before tech inspection. (Tools, floor mats, tires, bottles, etc)
8. Gas cap must be present.
9. Convertibles must have a roll bar or properly secured hardtop to drive.
10. Any trucks or SUVs must be cleared prior to event.
11. If you fail tech inspection, you will not drive until repairs are made.
Track and Pit Rules
1. No burnouts or reckless driving anywhere but on track.
2. Speed limit in pits is 10MPH.
3. Clean up after yourself. Do not leave trash or used tires. If you brought it with you, take it home with you. There will be garbage cans throughout pit area.
4. Obey all flaggers and staff. Be respectful.
5. Do not exit vehicle on track until it is cleared by staff except in case of fire.
6. Tandems are allowed with approval of staff and all drivers involved in tandem.
The following items are highly recommended but not required.
1. Fire extinguisher mounted inside vehicle. There will be some at the track.
2. Tow hooks. Towing off-track is available if needed.
3. Heat shields