Multiple Luzerne County and Carbon County Fire Departments responded to a home along Route 924 between Freeland and White Haven at approximately 9 am Monday morning.
Crews responded to find a resident attempting to exit the structure via a second floor window.
Passersby assisted the individual in getting down from the second floor.
One individual was reported to have suffered injuries during the fire.
Crews battled the blaze for over two hours.
Reports state that the fire was caused by a wood burning stove.
Interview with the Foster Township Chief Mike Spock can be found here:
Scroll down for more articles or use the search box below: