Yesterday a Facebook post began making it's rounds locally after a man found a needle that was apparently tossed in the yard of his Hazleton area home.
The Facebook post starts off with "My dog was just sick and almost died. I find this in my back yard where my kid and dog play."
Kona, a two year old husky was unable to stand on her own, causing her owners to take her to a local animal hospital.
Veterinarians determined that Kona had suffered from an unknown poisoning. The syringe which appears to have been chewed was found while Kona's owner's daughter was playing outside.
Heroin has been a long time issue in the Hazleton area, with discarded packets and syringes causing an issue for just as long, however a situation such as this makes it clear that our fears for our children and pets are completely rationalized as those using this substance have no concern for those around them.
Scroll down for more articles or use the search box below: